Singaporeans are one of the most active social media consumers in the world. The landscape of social media in Singapore is ever-changing. We have put together an infographic about social media in Singapore (usage statistics) to help you in planning your social media strategy and selecting the right platform available at the right time to achieve the greatest strategic impact for your business.
Social Media is here to stay and we can expect social media to continue evolving. By following up closely with these trends, you can actually peek into the future to see what are the up-and-coming social media platforms and how you can tap on them for brand building and marketing.
- The total population in Singapore was last recorded at 5.4 million people in 2013 and there are 4 million users of Internet. (Tweet This Stat!)
- 74% of Singaporeans uses social media regularly. (Tweet This Stat!)
- Average numbers of hours per day spent by social media users in Singapore on all social media channels is 2.1 hours. (Tweet This Stat!)
- 31% of internet users in Singapore were between 25 and 34 years old. (Tweet This Stat!)
- There are more men users on the top social media channels than women. (Tweet This Stat!)
- Singapore has gone social and women are more social than men in Singapore. (Tweet This Stat!)
- Facebook is top social media network in Singapore with 3.8 millions registered users. (Tweet This Stat!)
- Singapore has 70% of social media penetration; more than double the global average of 26%. (Tweet This Stat!)
- One in every two Singaporean uses social media to make purchase decision. (Tweet This Stat!)
- In Singapore, iPhone users are more active on Facebook than Android users. (Tweet This Stat!)
- There are more iPhone users on Facebook than Android users in Singapore. (Tweet This Stat!)
- About 25% of the total Linkedin users are in managerial role. (Tweet This Stat!)
- According to Google Trend, Instagram has overtaken Twitter to become the 2nd most popular social media networks in Singapore. (Tweet This Stat!)
- LinkedIn and Facebook are the preferred B2B social marketing platform in Singapore. (Tweet This Stat!)
- The top 3 job functions in Singapore are Sales, Operations and Engineering according to LinkedIn. (Tweet This Stat!)
- 46.2% of Singaporean first research product reviews, user experiences and comments through social media such as Facebook. (Tweet This Stat!)
You can refer to the version 2014 here:Social Media Singapore 2014
Ready for More?
Effective social media marketing strategy starts with understanding the industry trends. Are you ready to level up your social media marketing?