Come join us!
Hashmeta is seeking a Full-Time Lead Editor. Your responsibility includes maintaining in-house content direction, quality, editorial calendar, and the occasional client’s content planning.
You’re a wordsmith
You should have well-established experience in writing, editing, formatting, project management, and a firm understanding on all aspects of content marketing.
Lead EditorContent Team
As a company dealing with social media marketing, we are providing very exciting opportunities for passionate individuals to be involved in shaping the future of social media marketing and word-of-mouth marketing. We are especially interested in candidates who know their way around online marketing, social media platforms, inbound marketing and persuasive writing.
So if you are all about seeking new writing experiences in your literature quest, then Hashmeta will be the perfect home for you.
- You will be responsible for finding new trends. Gathering and generating story points, editing shorts, helping out with features, and contributing as needed to a variety of projects.
- This will involve extensive independent reporting and research, as well as close collaboration with the Hashmeta’s writers and marketers.
- Work with the creative, community management, media & planning teams to ensure timely execution of all requests and initiatives.
- Lead a team of writers. The best part, you get to hire freelancers whenever necessary to help you advance in your work.
- The ability to translate “business-speak” to plain conversational english. You can express what the brand does, and what benefits it provides to customers in plain, everyday language with a human touch.
- The ability to write in different publishing formats. As part of the inbound marketing team, you will produce different types of content, from slideshows to social media posts to long-form articles.
- Effective use of facts and figures. You are able to pull the most valuable statistics and identify important patterns–and express to readers why they should care. You are good at weaving these numbers naturally into a narrative.
- A degree or comparable work experience in journalism, communication, or related field.
- Two years of copy-editing experience. Preferably at a news website.
- Familiarity with AP style, content-management systems, social media and content marketing.
- Familiarity with web publishing applications like WordPress is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy.
- Basic familiarity with HTML.
- Superior communication skills, both verbally and written.