What is Content Management System or CMS?
As the name implies, Content Management System or CMS is a software or a system that manages the content of your website. It helps you to organize and standardize the process of your web content creation. In simple words, a CMS will allow you to self-help and update your website contents easily, without going through the web developer. It is particularly helpful if you are a non-technical person who is not into HTML and web designing. Using CMS will allow you to update your website contents without much of a hassle.
The functionality of a typical content management system can be broken down into several main categories:
- content creation
- content management
- content publishing
- content archiving
- content syndication
Does Your Website Need A CMS
With the availability of open source platforms like Drupal, Joomla and WordPress, it is uncommon for an established company or even a private site owner to choose a static site. Perhaps you are still wondering whether your business needs a Content Management System (CMS). The following flowchart will be able to guide you through the process and answer your question.
What is the business benefits of using a CMS?
In today’s fast paced digital world, a static or hard-to-update site can get very old, very quickly. Whether you are growing your product range, or keeping your testimonials page looking fresh, using a content management system (CMS) that works to meet your business’s needs is an important step toward improving your online visibility.
Here are three good reasons you should use a CMS:
- Cost saving and cost effectiveness. If you have no control over the content management of your website and you depend on an external vendor to update it at your request, migrating to a lean CMS system will almost certainly save your business a lot of time and money.
- Improved website performance and better online presence. With CMS, you can update content easily and your content is always fresh and timely, which is great for your search engine presence. Possessing more control and leveraging on CMS built-in SEO Friendly feature allow you to actively optimize your website for search engines and your customers.
- Staying in the game and better customer retention. The Web is constantly evolving. A flexible CMS that is built to adapt and scale will make your business more likely to thrive online. In order to get leads for your website, you can create landing pages and lead capture forms. A good CMS allows you to do this in seconds plus allows you to host landing pages on your own domain.
Business owners normally want to update their websites using CMS for any of the following purposes:
- News & Events
- Products/Services information
- Photo & Video
- Contacts Information
- Clients Showcase
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- Blog & Articles
In short, this is what you can expect if you have a proper content management system in place, and a strong line-up of content strategy:
- Easier Management
- Better Branding
- Better Customer Retention
- Better Online Presence
- Cost Saving
- Cost Effectiveness
- More Sales, Repeat Sales
What we do?
- Implement a CMS with Responsive Web Design
- Migrate your existing site to the content management system if you are going to redesign your website
- Help you to integrate your website with social media
- Create landing pages and forms to generate more leads on your websites